Cara-Friend receives a generous grant from Belfast City Council to build capacity within the LGBTQI+ community in Belfast. This has allowed Cara-Friend to provide community building services including training, advice & support, research, representation, and organising community events.
Some of the community events which are supported by Cara-Friend’s Community Development Officer include:
– LGBTQI+ Awareness Week
– LGBTQI+ Holocaust Memorial
– Outing the Past – The Festival of LGBTQI+ History
And many other smaller events throughout the year.
This funding has also allowed Cara-Friend to increase our presence with a variety of strategic bodies, working groups and networks throughout Northern Ireland. Cara-Friend have representations on:
- NI LGBTQI+ Sub Group hosted by CYPSP (Children & Young People Strategic Partnership)
- All Party Group on Mental Health hosted by Secretariat – Mindwise
- NI Anti-Bullying Forum hosted by National Children’s Bureau
- Helplines Network hosted by PHA (Public Health Authority)
- LGBTQI+ Regional Children and Young People’s Sub Group hosted by PHA (Public Health Authority)
- All Party Group on Children and Young People hosted by CINI (Children in Northern Ireland)
- Good Relations Community Engagement meetings
If you are interested in training opportunities, or you would like to support or attend any of the above community events please contact Adam Murray on adam@cara-friend.