Educating the Educators is a training session delivered by Cara-Friend to all professionals and volunteers working with young people in Northern Ireland. It is designed to make the participants’ practice more inclusive of, and responsive to, the needs of LGBTQ+ young people. You must register, using the below contact form, to secure your FREE place on your chosen session. Details of future sessions will be published here in the coming weeks. Places will be available to book at that time.
EDUCATING THE EDUCATORS
The training consists of an informative session on sexual orientation and gender identity, and will cover issues faced by LGBTQ+ people, as well as the different definitions and terms we hear associated with the community. It will also involve a series of practical workshops designed to improve all participants’ practice in their workings with LGBTQ+ young people. It is designed to be interactive so that the participants can get the most out of the session – so specific scenarios can be brought in which relate to a participant’s own work.
Educating the Educators will take place in the following locations in March and April 2019:
- Dungannon – Ranfurly House, 26 Market Square: March 25th 3pm-6pm
- Derry-Londonderry – Foyle LGBT Centre, 20 Strand Road: March 28th 3pm-6pm
- Bangor – North Down Community Network Resource Centre, 5 Castle Park Road: March 26th 2.30pm-5.30pm
- Belfast – Grosvenor House, 5 Glengall Street: March 29th 2.30pm-5.30pm
- Cookstown – Youth Resource Centre, 74 Fountain Road: April 26th 12pm-3pm
- Larne – The Cliff Centre, 17 Seacliff Road: April 29th 12pm-3pm
- Downpatrick – Down County Museum, The Mall: April 30th 12pm-3pm
FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO BOOK YOUR FREE PLACE: